A two-day class to strengthen and build your business taught by Michael Stone, author of the book Markup & Profit Revisited. Michael discusses the issues that cause most contractors to lose money. These are also the topics he deals with most often in his coaching and consulting.
After two days with Michael, you'll know how to:
- Create more accurate estimates in less time
- Compute your correct markup and gross margins and use that information to sell profitable jobs, hire new employees and purchase new equipment and vehicles
- Calculate your breakeven
- Set your own salary and get paid every two weeks
- Reviewing and refining your Profit and Loss statements
- Set up a simple system for job costing
- Write a solid contract that protects both you and your client.
- Write change work orders, when to write them and how to charge for them
- Write and work with punch lists, making sure you only have one per job
- Work with formulas designed to give you the information you need to guarantee a financially profitable company
- Complete a year-end review and build a plan for each coming year to make it even better
There will also be ample question and answer opportunities, where you can receive input from Michael as well as others in the class on specific issues and problems concerning your business.
"Thank you both so much for your time and energy during our Dallas class . . . I don’t recall having ever attended any continuing education class that generated as much enthusiastic & positive discussion outside of the class itself! . . . I cannot thank you enough for sharing your great knowledge with us. You’ve forever changed the way I’ll run my business and support my family!"
"It was a pleasure to take your class, eye opening and informative. It did not escape me that veteran contractors and repeat attendees were in the audience with us. To reach new entrants as well as those well entrenched in the market speaks highly for the quality and usefulness of your service."
The class is two full days of thoughtful analysis, hard work and great lunches. You'll get the info and support you need to run a financially profitable company, pay yourself a fair salary and take care of your family. Read comments from each class below, or view the videos made by attendees.
NOTE: Oregon licensed contractors can receive 12 hours continuing education credit.