Twelve hours with Michael Stone to strengthen and build your construction business. Michael, author of the book Markup & Profit Revisited, discusses the issues that cause most contractors to lose money. These are also the topics he deals with most often in his coaching and consulting. This class is specifically for construction-related business owners.
After viewing these classes you’ll know how to:
- Create more accurate estimates in less time
- Compute your correct markup and gross margins and use that information to sell profitable jobs, hire new employees and purchase new equipment and vehicles
- Calculate your breakeven
- Set your own salary and get paid every two weeks
- Review and refine your Profit and Loss statements
- Set up a simple system for job costing
- Write a solid contract that protects both you and your client.
- Write change work orders, know when to write them and how to charge for them
- Write and work with punch lists, making sure you only have one per job
- Work with formulas designed to give you the information you need to guarantee a financially profitable company
- Complete a year-end review and build a plan for each coming year to make it even better
“It was a pleasure to take your class, eye opening and informative. It did not escape me that veteran contractors and repeat attendees were in the audience with us. To reach new entrants as well as those well entrenched in the market speaks highly for the quality and usefulness of your service.”
The class is twelve hours of thoughtful analysis and hard work. Whether you’re a general or specialty contractor working in remodeling, new construction or commercial work, this hands-on workshop applies to all construction-related businesses.
The class is broken into eight segments, 1.5 hours each. A handout for class notes is available to download. View these videos on your schedule, as often as you want, with no expiration date and no recurring charges. A username and password will be set during checkout so you can login for immediate access.