For five different production employee classifications (Entry Level Laborer, Carpenter I, Carpenter II, Lead Carpenter, Production Manager) , it provides:
- A detailed job description that lists the abilities and knowledge required, the general responsibilities and specific jobsite responsibilities
- A list of the tools required
- Possible interview questions for that position
- A placement evaluation to test their skills before hiring
- A training module to provide training necessary for the position
- A detailed job performance evaluation
- Learning Goals for Advancement (for Entry Level laborer and Carpenter positions only) and
- Evaluation Tools, including a Field Skills sign off card, to see if they are ready for advancement
This manual provides the tools to help any remodeling contractor have the confidence that the employee they are about to hire is qualified. It helps them know when an employee is ready for greater responsibilities, and tells the employee what they need to know to be considered for promotion. It also, worst case, lets an business owner know when an employee might need to be let go.
For additional information, download the Introduction here.