Michael's Profitable Sales training provides valuable tools for any general or specialty construction-related business. In four segments, these classes are 1 to 1-1/2 hours in length.
Topics include taking a lead over the phone, sales calls, employing a salesperson, addressing your customer's three fears, and knowing the four basic questions you must have answered to make the sale.
The four basic questions are designed to stop "time-wasters", clients who aren't serious about their project and who keep you from the serious, profitable jobs that deserve your time and focus.
Michael also discusses becoming the "Contractor of Choice" as a means to address the frequently heard argument about getting 3 bids. The "Contractor of Choice" educates clients on the value of hiring a responsible contractor, as opposed to bidding for the cheapest contractor.
Students in the class (all of whom own a construction business or work in the industry) pose challenging, unscripted questions in an excellent Q&A segment near the end of this class. At almost 6 hours, this class is a valuable supplement to the book, Profitable Sales, A Contractor's Guide.
Profitable Sales Class Details
Part 1 - Marketing, Advertising, Taking a Lead
- Developing a marketing campaign
- Difference between Marketing and Advertising
- Developing an advertising campaign
- Addressing your client's three fears
- Taking a lead
Length: 1 hour, 38 minutes(1:38:01) for $26.95. View as often as you want, no expiration, no recurring charges
Part 2 - The Sales Call, Four Basic Questions
- Preparing for the call
- Dealing with an unwanted 3rd party
- Four Diamonds of Communication
- Steps of the sale
- Getting answers to the four basic questions
Length: 1 hour, 26 minutes(1:26:11) for $26.95. View as often as you want, no expiration, no recurring charges
Part 3 - Contracts, Becoming the Contractor of Choice
- Getting a Design Agreement & Letter of Intent
- Callbacks & Rehashes
- Salesperson Responsibilities
- Dealing with "We're getting 3 bids"
- Discovery & Demolition Agreements
- Helping your client make selections
Length: 1 hour, 46 minutes(1:46:20) for $26.95. View as often as you want, no expiration, no recurring charges
Part 4 - Q&A Session
- Dealing with sub-contractors
- Dealing with employees
- Client asking about your markup
- Compensating a new salesperson
- Dealing with "How much will it cost per square foot?"
- Client wants price breakdowns
Length: 57 minutes(57:10) for $19.95. View as often as you want, no expiration, no recurring charges
You can also purchase all 4 classes at one time for only $99.95