A two-day business management training for construction-related business owners. Michael Stone discusses the issues that cause most contractors to lose money.
After two days with Michael, author of the book Markup & Profit Revisited, you’ll know how to:
- Create more accurate estimates in less time
- Compute your correct markup and gross margins and use that information to sell profitable jobs, hire new employees and purchase new equipment and vehicles
- Complete a year-end review and build a plan for each coming year to make it even better
- Calculate your breakeven
- Set your own salary and get paid every two weeks
- Reviewing and refining your Profit and Loss statements
- Set up a simple system for job costing
- Write a solid contract that protects both you and your client.
- Write change work orders, when to write them and how to charge for them
- Write and work with punch lists, making sure you only have one per job
- Work with formulas designed to give you the information you need to guarantee a financially profitable company
There will be Q&A opportunities where you can receive input from Michael as well as others in the class on specific issues concerning your business.
“It was a pleasure to take your class, eye opening and informative. It did not escape me that veteran contractors and repeat attendees were in the audience with us. To reach new entrants as well as those well entrenched in the market speaks highly for the quality and usefulness of your service.”
The class is two full days of thoughtful analysis, hard work and great lunches. Whether you’re a general or specialty contractor working in remodeling, new construction or commercial work, this two-day, hands-on workshop applies to all construction-related businesses.
NOTE: Oregon licensed contractors who attend the live online class can receive 12 hours continuing education credit. One certificate per login; you need to tell us beforehand if you want Oregon CEU credit.