“Nothing is more expensive than a missed opportunity.” H. Jackson Brown, Author
I talk with contractors all the time who miss one opportunity after another and never seem to connect the cost of this miss.
- Are you following up with your previous clients at least once each quarter with a phone call, newsletter, email or maybe even a personal visit? Do you ask them for just 1 referral?
- Do you return your phone calls the same day or by 9 am the next day?
- Is the signage on your vehicles clear, clean and to the point, telling the world you are available to help the reader with projects on their home or building?
- Do you keep your appointments and on time?
- Is your website up to speed, with quality keywords, company name and phone number at the top of each page, and clear, crisp short sentences about what you do? Do you have a professionally taken picture of you and your staff on the website so folks will know who they are dealing with?
- Do you hand out at least one business card each day to someone you haven’t met before?
These are all opportunities and missing one could be missing your dream job. As Zig Ziglar says, if you’re in something, get in it. If you aren’t, then get out of it.
A halfhearted attempt will get you halfhearted results. Do what you need to do.