“Those who are blessed with the most talent don’t necessarily outperform everyone else. It’s the people with follow-through who excel.” – Mary Kay Ash, May Kay Cosmetics founder
In my opinion, that quote absolutely applies to people in construction.
You may know how to piece a job together and make it look great. The problems you create are usually the result of things you don’t do, the follow through.
Do you . . .
- Return your phone calls every day or by 9 AM the next day?
- Make every appointment and on time?
- Return with a quote for your potential customer in three to five days?
- Write a quality contract that covers the job and yourself?
- Treat your employees well, respect and encourage them?
And the most important item of all, do you treat your spouse with the kindness, love, respect and affection that you promised when you married them?
Follow through, that is the difference.