Join us in January, 2018 for a seven-night Eastern Caribbean cruise. We'll be onboard Norwegian Cruise Line's newest ship, the Escape. We're combining business with pleasure, with three days at sea in classes led by Michael Stone, and three days exploring different ports.
You'll spend time with fellow contractors in an relaxed setting. It's an opportunity to get away and unwind, while networking with fellow business owners and with us.
- Saturday, Jan 13: Depart Miami, Florida, 4 pm
- Jan 14: At Sea (training available)
- Jan 15: At Sea (training available)
- Jan 16: St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Jan 17: Tortola, British Virgins Islands
- Jan 18: At sea (training available)
- Jan 19: Nassau, Bahamas
- Saturday, Jan 20: Arrive in Miami
From Norwegian Cruise Lines:
Spend a week on our newest ship, Norwegian Escape, as you sail through the islands of the Eastern Caribbean. Depart from sunny Miami to make your way to the U.S. Virgin Islands for vividly colorful snorkeling in St. Thomas. Sip tropical drinks on a pristine beach to the beat of Caribbean music on the British Virgin Island of Tortola. Or go exploring in a 4x4 vehicle when you arrive in Nassau. Whatever you choose, there's no wrong way to relax and let loose on this vacation.
- Inside cabin: $1,713.78 for two people, Category IB, 5 cabins available at this rate
- Oceanview cabin: $2,173.78 for two people, Category OA, 1 cabin available at this rate
- Balcony: $2,373.78 for two people, Category BF, 30 cabins available at this rate
Singles pay the rates above. Other room configurations might be available. If you're traveling with a family, ask me about the rates for 3 or 4 in a cabin.
This group rate is valid until July 24. After the group rate ends, you can still join the group by purchasing through our group coordinator, paying the current available rate (depending on space available).
Accommodations for 6-days, 7-nights, all meals and snacks in the standard dining venues, all taxes and port fees. With the group rate, each cabin also gets a choice of two of these amenities:
- Ultimate Beverage Package for two
- 3 meal Specialty Dining Package for two
- $50 Shore Excursion Credit per port (except Miami)
- Internet Package
- Prepaid Gratuities
What’s Not Included:
Training, gratuities (unless chosen above), alcohol, shore excursions at the ports, shopping, gambling, transportation to and from Miami or between the airport and the cruise ship, specialty restaurants, any extras while on board the ship.
The networking and training is available for an additional fee of $350 per couple. At this point we anticipate three days of training, four to six hours per day. Most of the training will be led by Michael Stone; if our group is large enough, we'll ask Karen Mitchell of Online Accounting to join us. The training schedule will be available later.
- A $250 deposit is required to hold your spot on the cruise. The deposit is refundable until September 18, when the final payment is due.
- After registering, you'll be contacted by our group coordinator, Kristof Chin of Vacations To Go. He'll discuss passport and other requirements with you, and will also ask for your selections on the extra amenities above.
- We're working with Vacations To Go, the world's largest cruise agency. As such, they provide the best possible rates for cruises. If you plan to join us either socially or for training, please book through our group coordinator (Kristof Chin) to be a member of our group.
- Boarding on Saturday, January 13: Check in starts as early as 12 noon, with boarding shortly thereafter. They recommend arriving at the airport no later than 11 am, and at the port no later than 2 pm. If you have flight delays, the ship won't wait for you, so it's important to have plenty of buffer in your flight arrangements.
- On Saturday, January 20, they recommend scheduling departures from the Miami airport no earlier than 1 pm.
Have you given any thought to the idea of consulting during the cruise but outside 'class' hours, what that would look like, and how much it will cost?
We might offer coaching/consulting hours for a fee. It wasn't something we considered when we went into this, but if there's interest we'll do it.
We see ourselves spending time with others just like Michael does at his classes, ie, he's available before class, during lunch, and after class. The difference will be that on the cruise, there will be a lot more "available" times. We'll probably hold roundtable discussions, probably casually, where Michael will be in a given place and you can come and ask questions, etc. If no one shows, he'll read a book. If you're the only one who shows, you get his time. If others show up, you'll be limited on your time. This, of course, will only be available to those who've signed up for the training. This will also give you the opportunity to chat with other contractors.
We don't intend to hole up in our room when he isn't in class. It's not in our nature and it wouldn't be much fun, either. We want to spend time with other business owners, that includes being able to talk about things that aren't business. We also want Michael to be available to answer questions as needed.
Confirming that the cruise is excluding the Chief Architect training, correct? So it's just y'all and possibly Karen?
Yes, the cruise is just us and possibly Karen. If we get a large group we might add more speakers but meeting space on the ship is limited. If you're interested in the cruise with Chief Architect, drop me a note.