Join us in January, 2018 for a seven-night WesternCaribbean cruise. We'll be onboard Norwegian Cruise Line's newest ship, the Escape. We're combining business with pleasure, with two days at sea in classes led by Michael Stone, and four days exploring different ports.
You'll spend time with fellow contractors in an relaxed setting. It's an opportunity to get away and unwind, while networking with fellow business owners and with us.
Our itinerary has changed because of Hurricane Irma, the new itinerary is:
- Saturday, Jan 13: Depart Miami, Florida, 4 pm
- Jan 14: At Sea (training available)
- Jan 15: Falmouth, Jamaica
- Jan 16: Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- Jan 17: At sea (training available)
- Jan 18: Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas
- Jan 19: Nassau, Bahamas
- Saturday, Jan 20: Arrive in Miami
From Norwegian Cruise Lines:
Spend a week on one of our newest ships, Norwegian Escape, on a 7-day cruise in the Western Caribbean. Depart from sunny Miami to make your way to George Town, Grand Cayman, where you can bask on a white sand beach or snorkel with tropical fish in crystal-blue water. Ready to get your island on? At Great Stirrup Cay, our private island in the Bahamas, you can paddle your way along the coastline in a kayak and then get a relaxing beachside massage in a private cabana. And when you arrive in Nassau, be sure do some shopping and pick up a little something to remember your incredible vacation.
Contacting our group coordinator, Kristof Chin at 1-800-514-9986, ext 7375. He is available Monday through Friday from 10 am to 7 pm U.S. Central Time. He returns phone calls promptly.
By booking through our group coordinator, you'll receive the best available rate and you'll receive the amenities available to our group that are listed below. You can get an idea of the best current rate here.
Accommodations for 6-days, 7-nights, all meals and snacks in the standard dining venues, all taxes and port fees. By booking through our group coordinator, each cabin also gets a choice of two of these amenities:
- Ultimate Beverage Package for two
- 3 meal Specialty Dining Package for two
- $50 Shore Excursion Credit per port (except Miami)
- Internet Package
- Prepaid Gratuities
What’s Not Included:
Training, gratuities (unless chosen above), alcohol, shore excursions at the ports, shopping, gambling, transportation to and from Miami or between the airport and the cruise ship, specialty restaurants, any extras while on board the ship.
The networking and training is available for an additional fee of $350 per couple. We'll have two days of training, six hours per day.
Most of the training will be led by Michael Stone, but we've also asked Karen Mitchell of Online Accounting to join us. Karen is a CPA and the author of The Contractor's Guide to QuickBooks Pro. The training schedule will be available later.
- We're working with Vacations To Go, the world's largest cruise agency. If you plan to join us, please book through our group coordinator (Kristof Chin 1-800-514-9986, ext 7375). It's a courtesy to us, and it's easier to manage group activities.
- Boarding on Saturday, January 13: Check in starts as early as 12 noon, with boarding shortly thereafter. They recommend arriving at the airport no later than 11 am, and at the port no later than 2 pm. If you have flight delays, the ship won't wait for you, so it's important to have plenty of buffer in your flight arrangements.
- On Saturday, January 20, they recommend scheduling departures from the Miami airport no earlier than 1 pm.
Have you given any thought to the idea of consulting during the cruise but outside 'class' hours, what that would look like, and how much it will cost?
We might offer coaching/consulting hours for a fee. It wasn't something we considered when we went into this, but if there's interest we'll do it.
We see ourselves spending time with others just like Michael does at his classes, ie, he's available before class, during lunch, and after class. The difference will be that on the cruise, there will be a lot more "available" times. We'll probably hold roundtable discussions, probably casually, where Michael will be in a given place and you can come and ask questions, etc. If no one shows, he'll read a book. If you're the only one who shows, you get his time. If others show up, you'll be limited on your time. This, of course, will only be available to those who've signed up for the training. This will also give you the opportunity to chat with other contractors.
We don't intend to hole up in our room when he isn't in class. It's not in our nature and it wouldn't be much fun, either. We want to spend time with other business owners, that includes being able to talk about things that aren't business. We also want Michael to be available to answer questions as needed.