Tim Faller's Human Resource Manual is one of the most valuable tools we've found for any construction-related business owner who has or wants to hire production employees.
For five different production employee classifications (Entry Level Laborer, Carpenter I, Carpenter II, Lead Carpenter, Production Manager) , it provides:
- A detailed job description that lists the abilities and knowledge required, the general responsibilities and specific jobsite responsibilities
- A list of the tools required
- Possible interview questions for that position
- A placement evaluation to test their skills before hiring
- A training module to provide training necessary for the position
- A detailed job performance evaluation
- Learning Goals for Advancement (for Entry Level laborer and Carpenter positions only) and
- Evaluation Tools, including a Field Skills sign off card, to see if they are ready for advancement
This manual provides the tools to help any remodeling contractor have the confidence that the employee they are about to hire is qualified. It helps them know when an employee is ready for greater responsibilities, and tells the employee what they need to know to be considered for promotion. It also, worst case, lets an business owner know when an employee might need to be let go.
For additional information, download the Introduction here.
Download only. You'll be able to download immediately a zipped file containing 2 pdf files. All forms and evaluation sheets can be printed directly from the pdf file.
Human Resource System, $599.00
About the author: Tim Faller of Westerly, RI, founded Field Training Services in 1999, a firm committed to training production staff in good jobsite management and helping companies develop training programs for their field staff. A popular JLC Live speaker, Tim has conducted many successful lead carpenter training programs across the country and is the author of The Lead Carpenter Handbook: The Complete Hands-on Guide to Successful Job-Site Management and the Lead Carpenter Training Course.